On occasion we are in need of tangible items for our residence.
If you would like to support us by purchasing any of these items, please let us know.
The following is a list of items we need at this time. If the item is specific, details will be listed or a link will be provided to ensure it is appropriate for our residence.
If you have any questions, please give us a call at 705-722-5995.
Hospice Simcoe does not charge for our services. We rely on your donations, including in memorium gifts, general donations and third party events for 50% of our operating costs. Thank you for making us your charity of choice, we are so grateful for the incredible support from the community.
For the House
- 32″ flat screen TV for rooms (each one of our 10 resident rooms has a TV for the resident to watch cable/movies. One of our TV’s is no longer working. If you are interested in purchasing a TV for Hospice Simcoe, please contact us to ensure it will fit on the stand and be compatible with our system).
- Gift cards to Bed Bath & Beyond for linens and supplies.
- Gift cards to Indigo/Chapters for children & teens bereavement, and educational materials.
- Grocery store gift cards are incredibly helpful as we purchase groceries weekly for our kitchen.
- Shoppers Drug Mart gift cards for patient care needs.
- You can donate your Optimum points to Hospice Simcoe when shopping at Shoppers Drug Mart.
- We gratefully accept Canadian Tire money.
- Candian Tire gift cards for maintenance and paint.
- Lowes gift cards to purchase materials for maintenance/home repair.
If you are purchasing perishables, please connect with us first to confirm quantity/priority.Our kitchen volunteers bake and cook on a daily basis for our residents and their families.Below is a list of items we frequently use.
- Butter, shortening, margarine
- Chocolate Chips, walnuts, pecans
- Brown sugar, white sugar, icing, frosting
- Dried fruit (raisins, cranberries, apricots, coconut)
- Large flaked oats
- White flour
- Tetley tea bags
- Broth (Chicken, Beef, Vegetable)-Tetra packs
- Olive oil, vegetable oil
- Juice tetra packs (apple)
- Milk, cream (cartons)
- Ginger ale (cans)
- Fresh fruit/veggies
- Parchment paper
- Plastic wrap
Patient Care Needs
- Large Size Depends
- Baby wipes refills (unscented)
- Ladies short nightgowns (cotton, sleeveless)
- Single use razors (3 blade), shaving cream
- Deodorant, lotions (small, unscented)
- Lip balm/chapstick
- Face, hand and bath towels (white & dark coloured)
- Manicure sets, nail clippers
- Moisture mouth spray (can be found at Shoppers Drug Mart)
- Small bottles of unscented shampoo
- Dish soap, dishwasher tabs
- 3 tall tower fans